Monday, May 18, 2009


PLAY IT AGAIN SAM- WHISTLESTOP RETURN TO CASABLANCA
Exactly one week ago, Monday, I took the train from Marrakesh to Casablanca, since the powers above had decreed that my Sunday flight was cancelled and I therefore had a whole day to spare.
I visited not only the charming and 100% tourist free old town with its winding alleys and bustling ‘real Morocco’ feel, but more importantly, the Clinique Littorale, where radiotherapy is offered. A Professor of Oncology was available to look at the scans of Keita’s spine, and he said that he would most certainly benefit from radiotherapy, which would take four weeks. We could stay at the clinic during the treatment. I looked at the room we would potentially be staying in, visited the accounts department, got a quote and more or less decided this should be promoted as The Way Forward once I arrived back in Bamako on the following morning’s Royal Air Maroc flight.

1 Comments:

Blogger NYC Lorna said...

I have been reading your blog occasionally for over a year now.
Just read about your recent dramas.
Sending good thoughts your way from New York City.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home