Sunday, November 22, 2009



Please humour me whilst I revel immodestly in our latest -15th!- Tripadvisor review from a recent Canadian visitor:

"One of the Special Places of the World"
Hotel Djenne Djenno has been built in a fabulous location which commands a great view across the water to the old town of Djenne and it's magnificent mud mosque. We met the owner of the hotel, Sophie, in Bamako. She has travelled throughout the world and has created a property in Djenne that reflects her warm and engaging personality. She has paid a great deal of attention to detail in building the hotel. Our room was interesting, clean and well-appointed with, among other things, a/c, ensuite and the mandatory mosquito net. The exterior areas are also beautiful, well thought out and tranquil. The staff were attentive and helpful. We had no complaints and would highly recommend this hotel.

4 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Warm and engaging? So they didn't notice that you were completely bonkers too?

Meant lovingly, of course. Anyway, candour always seems to win over blowing your own trumpet here, so well deserved. Have you ever told the public how the Indie recommended you as one of the great hotel constuctions du monde entiere??

Dxx

12:44 PM  
Blogger toubab said...

no dearest, but since it's trumpet blowing time, I might as well tell you that the new edition of the Lonely Planet West Africa says we are surely one of the best hotels in Mali!
xxsophie

4:44 PM  
Blogger toubab said...

Well, dear Glaseabrook,
I am flattered and mystified that I should have such an exotic comment on my blog! Would you, or someone else with a knowledge if Chinese -or Japanese?- please clarify? I am dying to know!

4:36 PM  
Blogger David said...

Sophie, don't be disappointed if it's spam. I've been getting a == post on an old entry for months now. Every so often a few filthy words are inserted, so I know what it's up to. I can filter it but not stop it wasting my time in the first place.

You can always moderate if it gets boring.

Dxx

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home