Sunday, November 04, 2012

The most important news item is that Carin Wall, the Swedish Ambassador to Mali (and to Burkina Faso, the Niger and Mauritania) has kindly agreed to host a MaliMali Fashion Show and Cocktail Party at a smart hotel on the river Niger in Bamako called the Villa Soudan on the 19th of December!! This to launch MaliMali to the capital, co-inciding with the opening of the new shop at Villa Soudan which will stock all MaliMali goods. And here is Son Excellence, in her new MaliMali Zebre Empire Dress and her new Fuchsia Pink MaliMali rope sandals, reclining on her IKEA Chaise Longue in the splendid Ambassador’s residence in Bamako, very modern and very funky, full of good contemporary Swedish paintings and design.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gilliane said...

Sophie, That's BRILLIANT !!! You should post this on Facebook:) G xxx

8:13 AM  
Blogger David said...

Excellent news - bravissima.

10:19 AM  
Blogger toubab said...

Thanks Gilliane and David!
Ok I will put it on Facebook. But I still haven't quite got the hang of it-I find it faintly annoying. I don't understand how to redo the settings. There is someone I hardly know who is my 'friend'. I get two silly emails a day at least from Facebook about what she's up to and every time she has put up new pictures of her lapdog! (very frequently!) But I will, I will...

12:17 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth F said...

Great! Sweden is so wonderfully different, could not imagine a diplomate from my country acting like that.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth F said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Susan Scheid said...

Ah, this is fine news!

2:11 AM  
Blogger Susan Scheid said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home