Sunday, April 27, 2014

Steven Osborne


But the star of the evening was Steven Osborne, today’s most celebrated Tippett piano interpreter,  who played the two piano sonatas. The second (Piano Sonata no 3)  in particular was completely WILD. The half filled, staid-looking  auditorium  erupted and howled their approval, it sounded like La Scala Milan. We emerged in the interval thoroughly shaken and stirred. ‘But that is Rock and Roll !’ I exclaimed excitedly, steadying myself with a glass of chilled white wine. David said he would use that quote in his write up for the Arts desk…and so he did:
 http://www.theartsdesk.com/classical-music/tippett-retrospective-osborne-heath-quartet-wigmore-hall
 Thanks David!


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your writing has impressed me. It’s simple, clear and precise. I will definitely recommend you to my friends and family. Regards and good luck.Hotels in indore


11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home